Monday, October 18, 2010

The Beginning

I've been putting this off for so long that it feels liberating to post the first entry. You know what else feels liberating? That it's almost the end of the second semester. That means only one thing to a uni student like me. An abundance of free time is just around the corner. What better time than now to start on my first blog, Pen with a Voice.



What is my blog about? In a nutshell, it's about my (roving) thoughts and perspective on controversial issues of interest, both local and international. Hence, the name Pen with a Voice. I won't say any more, the future posts will hopefully speak for themselves.

That's all for now. I have to try and get some sleep. Work awaits me later. I'll leave you with a clue on what the first issue of interest will be: when tourism meets poverty. Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. Im totally in support the whole feminist theory. Im not too sure if woman are still mis-treated in urban society, if its still happening some-where out there, I would voice out and condemn it because I believe that woman should have equal rights. Today, there are many asian cultures who degrades female gender. I dont even need to go far, my very own grand-ma have that kind of thinking. I dont blame her for having those kind of thoughts on top of that I still love and respect her as my own elderly, the reason for her to think in such a way is because she has been brought up in an old malay family tradition where woman is considered to be equal to men. I am very thankful that this sickness degrading woman have already stop amongst my current family tree. Throughout my learning experience, I would say that I am astonished to find out that the prophet of Islam(Muhamad peace be upon him) atually abolished favourism of boys over girls and totally changed the image of woman from then on. i'll ilaborate more in my next entry.

    ReplyDelete